About Us



Beginnings of the San Antonio Church

Bible and Science and HealthDuring the time the original Mother Church was built in the mid 1890's, San Antonians were gathering in a home in the popular King William District, near downtown, to learn more about the upcoming new healing religion named Christian Science by its Discoverer and Founder, Mary Baker Eddy. The group grew and became Journal listed in 1898. The Christian Science membership continued to grow. In 1916 a new edifice was built to accommodate the growing membership of the Church. The new location of First Church of Christ Scientist was 501 N. Alamo, San Antonio, Texas, which is where Christian Science services are held today. An addition to this original edifice was done in the mid 1900's adding the administrative part of the present edifice as it stands today.

Today

First Church of Christ, Scientist, San Antonio is a branch of The Mother Church located in Boston, Massachusetts. After over a hundred years in San Antonio we have an active membership that remains a vital part of the community.

Our branch is located at:
501 N Alamo Street
San Antonio, Texas 78215
Free parking is available.

More Information

For more information on Christian Science, Mary Baker Eddy, and The Mother Church, we invite you to visit the online home for the Christian Science church at ChristianScience.com.